More than 60% of the parts supplied from Tri-State Cast Technologies’ companies are shipped completely machined. We encourage our customers to use our machining services for a number of reasons.
- Tooling Design – We design our foundry tooling and our machining fixtures at the same time. This avoids extra process time and maximizes machining efficiency.
- Coordinated Scheduling – This enables us to compress the foundry and machining process time and improve workflow.
- Problem Solving – Certain casting defects are not visible in the raw casting state. Milling below the surface and drilling into heavy bosses can reveal issues that are resolved before they get to the customer.
- Increased Inventory Turn – The customer can speed up the inventory turn because their cast components arrive in a more complete state and ready for assembly.
- Stocking Opportunity – If we can produce to blanket orders, we will cast and machine in economical quantities and stock parts for shipment as needed by the customer.